It’s that time of year where yes I admit it is getting colder, but that doesn’t mean you can break out those boots just yet. I’ve been seeing a lot of people push the envelope on breaking welcoming fall. I admit I have the itch to break out my sweaters and spend my night on the couch with a pumpkin spice latte just as much as the next person, but here are my top five things you need to avoid at least til October. Yes you can wait two more weeks, I know you can do it.
1) Boots. Tall boots, short boots, UGG boots, I don’t care what they look like, keep them in your shoe closet. You spent too much money on that pedicure to give up on your sandals just yet.
2) Sweaters. When the weather is still in the 60′s there is no reason for you to be bundled up looking like it’s going to snow any minute. My solution if your that cold is to throw on a cardigan. Leave the puffer jacket at home.
3) Scarves. I know your dying to break out the twenty million scarves you own just as much as I am, but you probably still have a summer tan to show off so why cover that up? If you must, make sure the scarf is at least made out of light fabric, has a bright pattern or great graphic print.
4) Tights. I mean who even likes to wear these constricting, not comfortable, who even invented these things in the first place?
5) Turning on your heat. I’m doing you a favor here. If you pay for your heat you know just as much as the next person how much your electric bill goes up during the upcoming months. Invest in a few warm (and cute) blankets and throw them over your couch for a welcoming fall look. Your bank account will thank you.
I know you have probably downed your hundredth pumpkin spice coffee by now, but don’t let go of summer just yet. We spend five to six months out of the year wishing summer was here. You will have plenty of time to rock out your boots, cuddle up with a book under your fireplace and complain on a daily basis on how uncomfortable tights are.
What are some summer items you can’t part with just yet?